Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Little Ones Create Big Smiles

I had a lousy day at work yesterday. Truth be known it's been a lousy couple days. I went home tired and irritable, something my wife always looks forward to. It's a pretty quick trip from "Hi Honey I'm home" to "Oh God, he's home."

Can't say I blame her. I can be a real ass sometimes.

I'm a man... we start training early.

With me in a bad mood and her trying to figure out what not to say we were well on our way to being sent to our respective corners of the house.

Then the phone rings. Turns out my daughter wanted us to keep our granddaughter Elly for awhile. It seemed the least we could do since our schedules never seem to work out. We volunteered to pick Elly up and took her with us to Costco, a warehouse store similar to Sam's Club. Elly was a riot and it wasn't long before my bad mood was history. We went all over the store, sampled food, and bought her some pajamas with little ducks on them that she never let go of until we pried them from her hands to pay for them.

After getting back home and eating some dinner we put the pajamas on Elly and she kept us laughing with her antics and dancing until Mom & Dad showed up to take her home. After she left I felt less stressful than I had been all week.

The next time I have a bad day I think I'll pick up a phone instead of a drink after work. Maybe I can borrow one of the grandchildren for awhile. The effect is still a high and there's no hangover the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home