Friday, March 05, 2004

Better than Sex

Got your attention, huh?

People will read this blog just to see what the wonderful elixer is that provides such a good feeling! Okay, maybe better than sex is stretching the truth a bit. It's a dang good feeling though.

I haven't felt well the last couple of weeks. Nothing life threatening going on... I've just been fighting a cold. I came down with it as Winter is fighting tooth and nail to keep Spring in it's shadow. Seventy degrees one day, thirty degrees the next. The kind of weather that flu and colds absolutely love.

I digress. This week we are experiencing some warmer than normal days. Today it's expected to reach as high as seventy-six degrees. In other words...

Riding weather.

That's right. Time to check the oil, kick the tires, and gas up the Harley for a wind in your face adventure. I have a Sportster and there is little else on this earth that will recharge my batteries improving my outlook on life than riding through the countryside on my bike. It's a feeling that motorcyclists crave more than addicts crave cocaine and non-riders never understand.

It's freedom at it's best.

According to the extended forecasts this glimpse of Spring will be shortlived. My Harley will be spending a few more days in the garage waiting for another opportunity to escape... as will I.

But today I'm riding. Today, ladyluck is at my back and the wind is in my face. With the mighty rumble every cubic inch delivers I soar down the highway.

Better than sex might be a stretch but it's a damn good substitute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home